At the beginning of the week, the organizers of the Isle of Man TT motorcycle races announced the first 20 riders on the starting grid for the Superbike and Milwaukee Senior classes. Now, it’s time to learn who’s racing for the win in Supersport. AMERiders has found out that An Isle of Man Rider List for Supersport Class Has Been Released.
Supersport is, according to the organizers, “this year’s most wide-open category,” and will see 60 of the best riders in the world line up at the start line. Isle of Man announced just the first 20 of the Isle of Man Rider List, and there are some familiar names in there.
Numbers 1 and 2 are the same guys we’ll see starting from the same positions in Superbike. John McGuinness, who here will be racing a Honda CBR600RR fielded by SMT Racing/Blue Earth Construction, comes first, and behind him is Dean Harrison, riding a DAO Racing Kawasaki ZX-6R. Number 3 this time is Lee Johnston and his Ashcourt Racing Yamaha YZF-R6.
In 2022, coming back after a two-year hiatus caused by the pandemic, the Isle of Man TT festivities kick off on Sunday, May 29. For the first time, the show, including qualifying, pre-race builds, and the races themselves, will be broadcast on a dedicated channel called TT+.
Below is the Isle of Man Rider List of the first 20 riders who will race in the Supersport class.
- 1. John McGuinness – SMT Racing/Blue Earth Construction, Honda
- 2. Dean Harrison – DAO Racing Kawasaki, Kawasaki
- 3. Lee Johnston – Ashcourt Racing, Yamaha
- 4. Ian Hutchinson – Boyce Precision by Russell Racing
- 5. James Hillier – RICH Energy OMG Racing, Yamaha
- 6. Michael Dunlop – MD Racing, Yamaha
- 7. Gary Johnson – Moto46/Specsavers, Triumph
- 8. Davey Todd – Milenco by Padgett’s Motorcycles, Honda
- 9. David Johnson – RICH Energy OMG Racing, Yamaha
- 10. Peter Hickman – K2 Trooper Beer by PHR Performance, Triumph
- 11. Conor Cummins – Milenco by Padgett’s Motorcycles, Honda
- 12. Jamie Coward – KTS Racing powered by Steadplan, Yamaha
- 13. Michael Sweeney – EM Building, Yamaha
- 14. Adam McLean – Gortreagh Printing/McAdoo Kawasaki, Kawasaki
- 15. Sam West – Moto Hub, Ducati
- 16. Dominic Herbertson – Cowton Racing, Kawasaki
- 17. Paul Jordan – PreZ Racing, Yamaha
- 18. Michael Evans – Heattech Racing, Yamaha
- 19. Brian McCormack – Global Robots, Triumph
- 20. Craig Neve – Alasdair Cowan Racing, Kawasaki
The race is on, and from all of us at AMERiders Good luck, and be safe to all of the racers!!!
~And as always…
~Live Free Ride Hard~
Let AMERiders tell you about the Isle of Man Rider List for Supersport Class Has Been Released.
Don’t forget to come visit us for all your Motorcycle Apparel needs.
And as always don’t forget to send us your stories, pictures, and events for posting to GALLERY.AMERIDERS @ GMAIL.COM and we will post them for you. The more people that know about your event the better and we are offering free advertising. We would also love to hear about your rides and love to see those bikes so send those stories and pictures.