Traveling season is coming up and whether it is hopping in the car and heading out or hopping on the bike and letting the wind blow through your hair there is always one thing on everyone’s mind What to pack when planning a road trip. A Motorcycle Road-trip is so much different that traveling in a car because there is not as much room to pack you not only have to pack light and versatile as well. We want to give you the basics in packing for your trip so you can have fun and not worry about whether you left anything behind that you may need or not.
First of all, Whether you’re going to Daytona for Bike week or just heading across the USA for a site seeing tour it’s still going to be the same except probably for the amount of clothes you take with you, and where you plan on sleeping (camping or hotel). You don’t want to take the couch, that would just look silly and might get you pulled over!
A Motorcycle Road-trip can be difficult to pack for so, what do you take when you are on a road-trip for a bike? Most everything can be taken that can be packed. Electronics, clothes, toiletries, books, however, you want to be practical. What how long do you want to be packing and unpacking during the day, and how much do you really want to carry? The other thing is that the more you carry the more gas the bike is going to use as well so, less is actually more in this case.
Take only what you really need such as:
- This is the main givens ID, cash, insurance & roadside assistance info, motorcycle key, maps / directions
- electronics phone /camera/ charger,
- riding protective gear such as helmet, gloves, jacket, riding boots, goggles, rain gear, rain /night goggles, sunglasses and any other protective gear you feel you need including earplugs.
- Your clothing pack light ensure that it is the most compressible clothing you have. remember that socks can be work more than one day. But don’t pack heavy clothing other than your protective gear unless you absolutely have too.Polyester is your friend on the road!
- Headwear ie ponytail holders, doo-rags or skull caps if needed. these keep your head warm.
- Tools in the tool bag (adjustable wrench, alan wrenches, screwdriver (to remove the seat), air pump, and other motorcycle tools that are needed for the road)
- Toiletries (hotels have shampoo & soap unless you need special shampoo) – toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, comb/brush, lotion for dry skin, chapstick for dry lips, kleenex travel pack (or just tuck a couple of them somewhere on the bike)
- Ladies you don’t really need make-up if so pack very lightly remember things can break and make a mess. Mascara and eyeliner work great on a trip and can be smudged just right for a great look for pictures.
- Prescription meds – anything you regularly take, as well as a couple of ibuprofen and cold tablets just in case
- Extra bags – Ziploc bags, plastic shopping bags & 1 larger garbage bag you never know what you will need them for.
Thing like this can be packed in Saddlebags, Tool bags, and other luggage that fits and is made For the bike. At AMERiders we have plenty of luggage items that you can use to pack your items in safe and sound for your Motorcycle Road-trip such as our PVC Motorcycle Saddlebag it is UV Protected and features a zip-off bag with Heavy Duty Velcro Cover and Lock ,is universally fitting to most bikes, Includes a hard sheet inside the box with 4 pockets, a Heavy Duty Quick Release , is 100% Waterproof , is UV protected and it will not turn white in extreme heat, and will Hold its Shape, 4 Tie down ribbons on each side for extra security.
Or if you have a Harley Davidson Dyna we have just the thing for you, our Motorcycle Saddlebag For Harley Davidson Dynas are made specifically to fit your Harley Davidson Dyna, it includes a hard sheet inside the box with 4 pockets, features a heavy duty quick release is 100% Water-proof has 4 Tie down ribbons on each side for extra secure fit, and will hold its shape. Please note, however, this is NOT a cooler bag and is not intended to be used with water & ice.
Of course, you can always buy a Motorcycle trailer to match your bike so it is even much easier to pack for a Motorcycle Road-trip but then you have to slow down, and who wants to do that?
Let AMERiders.com help you pack for your Motorcycle Road-trip and not forget a thing.
Don’t forget to send us your pictures, stories and events to gallery.ameriders at Gmail dot com so we can post them and give you free, advertising for your motorcycle related events.