AME Riders loves to ensure that our customers ride safely that is why we are here with Biker Safety Tip 2: Let it Rain, Motorcycle safety in the Rain, to help you ride safer in the rain.
Most bikers hate to get caught or even ride in the rain regardless of how hard it is raining, as we all know some drivers of vehicles get a bit stupid when it starts to rain. Rain is nothing but water so what is to be afraid of unless it is raining extremely hard or falling horizontally then it is time to be a lot more cautious than usual when riding. But other than that when riding if you are wearing the proper rain gear, there is nothing to worry about.
When Riding if you wear a suit with reflective striping or is Hi-Vis then there you are able to be seen easier by another vehicle, which can cause less chance of an accident. Also, a Rain suit will help keep your clothes dry and your body from becoming wet which can be very uncomfortable. Which everyone knows regardless of whether you ride or not can be distracting from whatever you’re doing, and a biker should not be distracted when riding a motorcycle, that is dangerous. Some weather can make you cold and often worse. So, make sure your rain gear is waterproof some of them are not, which defeats the purpose of being rain gear. AMERiders.com has many rain suits to choose from in our rain gear section.
Another piece of gear to use that will help is boot covers, this particular type of gear comes in different styles but basically does the same thing all around. They have a thick rubber sole on the bottom for extra traction and durability for riding or walking. Elastic ankle straps with snaps to keep snug in motion. Not only that they keep your feet dry as well. AMERiders.com has a few boot covers to choose from in our rain gear section.
The other tips are just plain common sense in riding in the rain:
- use correct tires for riding in the rain don’t use slick tires on a wet road
- watch for rainbows on the ground, they don’t mean they are spots to dig for gold, it means they are slick with oil and avoid them
- Take on Railway crossings straight as possible. the railway tracks are metal, and wet metal is slippery.
- Brake gently, not hard. If you need to urgently apply your brakes, pump them so that you do not start aquaplaning
- Rise slower than normal. When it rains it is just smart to reduce your speed during the rain, and there are good reasons for it.
- Spray something like Rain-X on the visor to help you with your visibility. Since we don’t have wipers on our helmets (well, maybe some might.) Rain-X keeps the rain from the visor.
- Puddles are not as fun to ride through on a bike as they are on a cage since the water hides the surface. The puddle could, in fact, be a 3-feet deep hole. Don’t find out the hard way? Be wary as you just don’t know what you are riding into.
These are just a few small Motorcycle safety tips there are many more that will keep you safe while riding in the rain.
LET AMERiders.com, help you gear up for Motorcycle safety when riding in the rain with our quality Rain Gear.
To ensure that you get your gear before Santa arrives, we are guaranteeing your shipping if you order by December 14th, 2015 at Midnight.We will also do expedited shipping as well, however, our customers must pay the extra shipping.
Keep an eye on the timer at the top of the page it is counting down to December 14th at Midnight CST.