AMERiders gives you the Sturgis Wind Down a bit about BMW who are there, some more on the Music concerts and the Burger Throwdown …. Its a Motorcycle Rally I Tell Ya! Like we have been doing all week we are bringing you the information on the 78th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally this is the last 3 days on it. We hope everyone has had a great time. So here is the last bit of information for you.
BMW Offers Free Demo Rides
Ze Chermans are invading Sturgis this year, and that means you can get your hands on all the Beemers
Going to a dealership can sometimes be torture: all these bikes you can only dream of, put on display, that you don’t get to try, besides the one you’re actually interested in buying. That’s when demo rides allow you to check a few items off your list: you get to ride. All. The things. If you plan on attending this year’s Sturgis Motorcycle Rally happening from August 3 to the 12, it will be your chance to knock one or ten things off your motorcycle bucket list.
Beemers? At Sturgis? Really? Yes, really! Despite being commonly associated with Harleys (and Indians) BMW will offer demo rides of its entire lineup From August 4 to 12 at CrossRoads at Buffalo Chip. The demo rides will run for the duration of Sturgis from 9 am to 5 pm. This is your chance to get sitting time on models you wouldn’t otherwise get a chance to drive, including models from the R nineT range, the K 1600 tourers, and even the new single-cylinder G 310 GS. Sign-ups will open at 8 am every day.’
Sturgis Burger Battle
The Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally is in a worldwide search to find the best hamburger grillers in the universe!
Every chef, backyard baron, and restaurant thinks that they’ve got the best burger in their hometown. This is your chance to prove it!
The Sturgis Burger Battle will be a burger cookoff where 12 incredible teams will compete for a chance to be in the Grand Finale Burger Cookoff at the Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally and the winner will move on to the compete in the World Food Championships in November.
The event will send a winner from its 2018 competition to battle against the World Food Championships roster of Golden Ticket contestants. The Sturgis Burger Battle competition has been elevated to Preferred Qualifier status by guaranteeing that its winner’s registration fees are paid and other assistance is provided to compete in Orange Beach.
All names of cook-off participants, age, birth date, and address, along with a typed copy of the entry’s recipe, should be submitted to the cook-off official by May 15th, 2018.
Teams must attend the Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally from Tuesday, August 7th through Friday, August 10th. There will be three qualifying rounds of four contestants each held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of the Rally. The three winners plus a judge’s favorite will move into the finals which will be held on Friday, August 10th.
Teams will be chosen by filling out the entry form and entering their best-grilled hamburger recipe along with a picture of the finished product. Entries will be judged by a panel of chefs and from these entries twelve (12) teams and four alternates will be picked to grill live on stage at the 2018 Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally™.
2018 Official Rules and Regulations
• The judges’ decisions and interpretations are final.
• Teams must be available to cook any time between Tuesday, August 7, 2018, and Friday, August 10, 2018
• Teams may not have more than 2 persons on a team.
• Each team must fill out the entry form completely.
• Each team will be assigned a day and cooking space for the preliminary round. Preliminary rounds will be held August 7-9 at 11:00 a.m. and Championship round will be held at 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 10th.
• One (1) team from each preliminary round will be chosen to move on into the Championship round on August 10th. Teams not chosen to move into the finals will become part of the People’s Choice Award on the final day of competition.
• Grills, utensils pots pans, and food will be provided.
• Contestants can bring and use one food item of their choosing. All other food and spice items must be chosen from the on-stage pantry.
• All seasoning and cooking of product shall be done within the assigned cooking space.
• Serving trays for Judge’s plates will be furnished.
• The bun can have the works on it. NO garnish is allowed in the tray.
• Contestants will draw for their cooking space. 1-4
• All entries will be judged in the order of starting time.
• Each team will have 60 minutes to complete their burger and one side dish.
• Each team will be allowed five (5) minutes after the 60-minute time limit to plate their dishes and take it to the judges table. A 5-point penalty will be issued to anyone that is late.
• There will be a secret ingredient each day of the competition. Each team must use the secret ingredient in their burger and side dish.
All entries will be evaluated on:
• Presentation (1-5 pts)
• Taste (1-10 pts)
• Originality (1-5 pts)
• Bonus opportunity (1-5 pts) Use of secret ingredient.
The following cleanliness and safety rules will apply:
• No use of any tobacco products while handling food.
• Cleanliness of the cook, assistant cooks, cooking device(s) and the team’s assigned cooking space is required.
• Shirt and shoes are required to be worn.
• Sanitizing of work area should be implemented with the use of the sanitizing cloth at each station.
• After cooking, all meat: must be held at 140 degrees or above.
• All contestants will use gloves provided when handling food.
CAUSES FOR DISQUALIFICATION & EVICTION (of a team, its members and/or guests):
• Serving food samples to the general public.
• Use of alcoholic beverages.
• Use of controlled substances.
• Foul, abusive or unacceptable language.
• Unsanitary food handling of any kind.
• Only contestants, judges and event officials will be allowed in the judging area during the judging process. No other activities are permitted in the judging area, during the judging process.)
• TWO pounds of Ground Beef will be given to each team at the start of each competition to make 5 burgers.
• Judges’ decisions are final.
• If a contest or competition winner is unable to accept the invitation and participate in the Sturgis Burger Battle, invitations will be extended to an alternate selection.
• Over $10,000 in prizes given away to winners!
Last 2 days of Music
Here are some of the bands left to play at 78the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally on the 10th and 11th we couldn’t find any left to play on the 12th if there are then you may be able to find them on listed here on the Sturgis FB page on the day of the concert.
|8/10||John Kay & Steppenwolf||Buffalo Chip Campground|
|Joe Santanna||The Knuckle Saloon|
|Ric Todd||Loud American Roadhouse|
|Chancey Williams & Younger Brothers Band|
|Insane Clown Posse||Ironhorse Saloon|
|Tim Laroche||Deadwood Mountain Grand|
|Elle Carpenter||Firehouse Brewing Co.|
|8/11||Queensrÿche||Buffalo Chip Campground|
|Jack Daniels||The Knuckle Saloon|
|Ric Todd||Loud American Roadhouse|
|Chancey Williams & Younger Brothers Band|
|Gina and the Eastern Block||Ironhorse Saloon|
|Little Miss Nasty|
|Tech N9ne||Full Throttle Saloon|
|8/10||Lead Mountain Nights||blackhillsbadlands.com|
After you leave the 78the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and get home and realize you left something or something just needs to be replaced from wear and tear. Remember AMERiders has what you need. From safety gear to saddlebags we have it all.
~And as always…
~Live Free Ride Hard~
Let AMERiders keep you up to date with information on the 78th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Wind Down.
And as always don’t forget to send us your stories, pictures, and events for posting to GALLERY.AMERIDERS @ GMAIL.COM and we will post them for you. The more people that know about your event the better and we are offering free advertising. We would also love to hear about your rides and love to see those bikes so send those stories and pictures.
Like what you just read? Share it on social media ( Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram) with others and let them get the information and benefit from it as well.